Your Account Number
In response to today's need for heightened protection of personal data, we take as many measures as possible to safeguard your account information. For example, we will assign you a unique 10-digit account number to use in place of your Social Security number on most forms and correspondence.
You will need your 10-digit account number when you:
- Fill out most AES forms and applications.
- Make a payment by phone, check, or money order.
- Speak with a customer service representative.
- Send us a letter or any other written correspondence.
Please note: On occasion, we may still ask for your Social Security number for verification purposes. To protect your security, please do not put your Social Security number on correspondence unless we specifically request it.
Please pay close attention to which number each form requests.
Where to Find Your Account Number
- On your billing statement
- On correspondence about your account
- In the top right corner of your online account once logged in
Need More Info?
If you have questions or concerns, please contact us.