Benefits of Direct Debit
- Direct Debit is the most convenient way to make your student loan payments - on time, every month.
- Direct Debit is a free service. And you may qualify for an interest rate reduction when your application is approved.
- Set up an electronic deduction from your checking or savings account on the same date each month.
- Since your loan payment happens automatically, it's never late so long as the funds are available.
Sign up for Direct Debit
If you're currently repaying loans and would like to use Direct Debit, sign in to Account Access and apply online today!
Make Changes Online
Through Account Access, your online account management tool, we make it easy for you to modify your Direct Debit service. In Account Access you can:
- Change your bank account information
- Update and target extra funds to specific loans
- Add a loan not covered by your existing Direct Debit Agreement
- Suspend your Direct Debit service
Still have questions?
Review our Direct Debit FAQ to get all the answers to your questions.
Are your loans more than 270 days past due?
If you have defaulted loans being serviced by PHEAA and you'd like to sign up for Direct Debit, please complete, sign, and submit the Direct Debit Default Collections Agreement (PDF). Remember to keep a completed copy for your records.
Direct Debit not for you?
Check out other convenient ways to pay.